The other day, one of my friends who happens to be a freelance web developer approached me to get some pieces of advice on getting more freelance business. We discussed about different ways to market his skills, establish channels for freelance work, get referrals, and retain customers. Then we discussed what he needed to do in order to establish a continuous steam of business. One of the important things that we discussed was the need and benefits of an online personal portfolio. I would limit this post to this very subject, i.e., building a successful online portfolio.
An online portfolio is an easy way for designers, developers and artists to display their abilities, technical knowledge, and previous work. A portfolio website is an extension of your resume as it gives a visual representation of your skills and knowledge. Your online portfolio also makes it easy for potential customers to contact you, refer to your work, and understand your style.
You might also like:
- Flat Profile PSD (Metro Inspired)
- Retina Ready Responsive Landing Page
- Single Page Responsive Free Website HTML Template
- Free Portfolio HTML Template
- Flat User Interface Kit (PSD)
Fortunately, building a successful online portfolio is not much difficult but most web developers and designers do not have their online portfolio because they do not spare much time to design, refine and optimize it. Therefore, I have designed a free online portfolio template that you can download and customize according to your requirements. This portfolio template comes with free PSD source, and a complete HTML template.
This portfolio template is designed on a fully responsive layout scheme that ensures it would render in desktop browsers as well as on all mobile devices neatly. It also allows you extend its functionality by integrating compatible widgets and third-party plugins.
Portfolio Template Features:
- Responsive HTML Layout
- Flat Website Template Design
- Clean and Commented Code
- jQuery Powered
- Google Fonts Configuration
- Dynamic Bar Graph to showcase your skills
- Cross Browser Support: IE7+, Firefox 2+, Safari 3+, Chrome 8+, Opera 9+
- Support for popular mobile devices running iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile
- Valid HTML and CSS
- Categorized and Animated Image Gallery/ Portfolio
- Social Media Integration
- Contact Form
- PSD Source
- Support for Third-Party Plugins
- Free forever
How to use this portfolio template?
This portfolio template is quite easy to use and customize. It provides a portfolio/image gallery, contact form, social media icons, and a neat portfolio configuration out-of-the-box. This portfolio template is also optimized for mobile devices.
Follow the steps given below to develop your free portfolio website:
- Download free portfolio template.
- Customize your website content.
- Customize font style and color scheme according to your requirements.
- Copy your portfolio/ images in img directory.
- Configure your portfolio categories.
- Configure email settings.
- Upload your portfolio website on your host server. (If you do not have a host server yet, try Bluehost).
- Test your free portfolio website.
- Enjoy your online portfolio website.
Now that you have your own online portfolio website, I would recommend that you read this article onoptimizing your online portfolio website.
- Free Responsive HTML5 Portfolio / Business Website Template: Brownie
- Make Your Own Website With FlatWEB – A Single Page Responsive Free Website HTML Template
- Free Responsive HTML5 Single Page Portfolio/Website Template: OnePager
- Free Portfolio And Business Website PSD Template: Creative
- Free HTML5 Portfolio / Business Template: Neoarts