12 Best WordPress Themes For Art Galleries (2017)
Art galleries marry artistic expression and commerce, with professionals needing to be particularly conscious of the type of WordPress themes for Art Galleries they install on their websites. When done correctly, an art gallery blog can increase sales, help etch out a niche in the art community, and connect you with fellow artists.
The correct WordPress theme will help mitigate many of the errors that artists make when they take their first steps into the dot-com environment. The proper theme will spotlight artistic expression, while still underlining the importance of the reader’s experience, with menus and a layout that is accessible and easy to navigate.
What to Look for in Your WordPress Theme for Art Galleries
A theme that spotlights content and not advertisements is important. Regardless of the theme that you choose to install for your art gallery blog, it is essential that it draws attention to your valuable content and not advertising space.
Online search engines are becoming increasingly intelligent, recognizing when a website is solely created to draw revenue dollars instead of providing a service or constructive content to the reader. Your WordPress theme should be used to show your artistic personality and expertise more than anything else.
Easy-to-use navigation menus. An intuitive theme will not only ensure that readers come back, but it will also mitigate a high bounce rate. The bounce rate is how often users click on your website and then click back to the search engine results page. Too many people clicking back to the previous page will tell the search engine that your site isn’t authoritative or your content isn’t engaging, which can negatively affect your ranking.
Consider a WordPress theme with an events calendar feature. This feature on WordPress is fully adaptive, making it a versatile tool for professionals and freelancers. This tool allows you to tag photos for specific events that are tied to a WordPress folder, with bloggers using it to departmentalize their pictures from specific menu items, categories, and tags.
One of the key features of the Eclecticon WordPress theme is that you can show your galleries through an online project, with detailed text that can be added to describe its contents. Online visitors can effortlessly navigate through your plans. You have the ability to customize font, sizing, and a number of photographs in each project.
- Minimalistic while focusing on your actual work. Menus and other distracting components of the theme can be removed or minimized, refocusing attention to your creative content.
- Crystal-clear images. Every photograph will appear with its unprocessed pixels, prepping images for high-definition smartphones and large computer monitors.
- Divi Builder is a drag and drop interface that works seamlessly with WordPress.
- Easy access to support. Eclecticon is aware that many of their customers are first-time bloggers who may need a bit of guidance – a forum allows subscribers to dig deep into the theme’s customizability.
Created by Elegant Themes, Divi is a front-end editor that combines speed and intelligence into one of the most dominant web-building themes available. This theme includes more than 20 pre-made layouts straight out of the box. The extremely versatile Divi allows users to create and save their designs as well as share and downloads them from the community.
Divi allows you to customize everything, including CSS. This theme uses a real-time model that updates every change you make instantly and lets you organize with ease.
Divi is great for art galleries because the theme provides you with the ability to fully customize every page of your site including layout and sub-sections such as galleries, calendars, etc.
- To add new text content, all you have to do is click on your page and start typing
- Draggable heights and widths makes it easy to create space and size everything to your exact needs
- Drag and drop feature lets you organize all of your content easier than ever before
- Responsive editing allows you to switch between mobile and tablet previews to properly adjust your design for each respective device
Brought to you by StudioPress, the Elegance theme is one of the most refined themes out there and is a must-have for those including a lot of images in their work. Elegance combines a sleek, clean look with limitless color and text options allowing you to create the gorgeous site you’ve always been looking for.
This theme includes custom built-in page templates including traditional archive, custom archive with featured images, blog, portfolio, proof gallery, and a styled pricing guide. Elegance also features a robust plugin installer as well as PixProof for a smooth client proofing workflow. It would say something like “designed for photographers” and can quickly create a beautiful looking website for an art gallery out-of-the-box for gallery owners looking for a fast, yet reliable and
Elegance, is designed for photographers and you can quickly create a beautiful looking website, for an art gallery out-of-the-box website. For gallery owners looking for a fast, yet reliable and high-quality theme, Studiopress is renowned for excellent code in their themes and is a real premium theme that is worth using for any website.
- Ultra-responsible across all devices giving your theme a perfect, crisp look no matter where you are viewing it
- Load times are extremely quick
- One-click updates
- Lockdown security, so you never have anything to worry about
- Clean code resulting in the best possible rankings
This WordPress theme comes with several demos to help you create a website that will resemble your sought-after aesthetic. One-click importing allows your website to look like any of the Oshine demos, each developed with free, premium slider. Even though packed with features, it’s navigation menus are clean and non-intrusive, with a portfolio style that will allow you to create a photographic grid for your images.
- Easy integration with Woocommerce plugins. Art galleries are still influenced by trade dealings, with these plugins making it easy to connect a product to potential clients.
- Unlimited Portfolios. Oshine empowers you to create multiple columns and overlays, giving you endless ways to spotlight your work.
The Maya theme gives you the opportunity to customize fonts, backgrounds, and media content within a responsive design that is suitable for your audience – regardless if they are on a mobile device or a desktop. It is the ideal WordPress theme for not only photographers, but also artists, painters, clay artists, and creative firms alike.
- The parallax effect on WordPress. This effect influences how the Maya WordPress theme interacts with scrolling readers. The parallax effect allows images in the background of your blog to move slower than foreground content, lending for an artistic illusion of motion.
- Typography your way. With the Maya WordPress enabled on your art gallery website, you will have access to all of Google’s fonts, as well as nine icon packages.
Inspiro combines professional video and photo content, making it the ideal theme for established artists who are eager to showcase their work online. This theme is one of the handfuls of WordPress themes that facilitates video playback in the background. For stills, a gallery module supports photographic montages of your work.
- Drag-and-drop page builder. The transition from artist to a savvy professional who knows how to manage a WordPress website can be challenging. The outstanding theme, Inspiro, streamlines the process, with a website builder that allows you to drag-and-drop different modules.
- Video slideshow. An artist who has a following on YouTube or other video hosting sites can easily insert footage onto a full-screen slideshow – all without touching one piece of code.
Infinite is the ideal WordPress theme for those who want to tell a story along with their photographs. Infinite’s page builder tool produces flexible page layouts that will showcase your photos. You can combine still photography with text, making it the ideal WordPress theme for the artistically talented who also want to express their thoughts.
- Infinite scrolling. Your online visitors can continuously scroll down the page.
- An out-of-the-way header. Emphasizing the importance of a clutter-free website, Infinite’s sticky header will showcase blog titles and navigation menus when scrolling up, but will momentarily disappear when scrolling down.
- Customized mega menu. The mega menu is optional, allowing artists to display recent photographs via a drop-down widget.
Beoreo gives you access to several different design modifications that can be used for your art galleries. 18 predefined homepages fit the needs of freelance artists, creative agencies, and those who are seeking a platform to show off their collection.
Every aspect of the Beoreo WordPress theme is customizable, including slider animations, images, and social widgets. For those who are looking to monetize their artistic ability, Beoreo has an adaptable pricing table.
- Search engine-friendly HTML. Beoreo’s coding infrastructure is neat and unobtrusive, allowing search engines to interpret its structure quickly.
- Multiple headers in one page, pinpointing content for your readers and visitors.
- Bootstrap enabled. Bootstrap is a type of framework that allows your WordPress website to be responsive to your viewer’s demands and clicks.
Made by Obox Themes, Photogenic does one thing extremely well – and that is present your pictures in a gorgeous carousel backdropped by a minimalist layout. Your viewers can also click on the tooltip icon to read up on additional information about your work. Many photographers and artists use social media platforms like Instagram. Photogenic includes the ability to connect to your Instagram account, displaying your feed directly onto your website.
- A visual customizer gives you the potential of unlimited colors. Your WordPress theme can be made to complement your portfolio.
- Image resizing. Other WordPress themes do not integrate an intuitive image cropper and resizing tool. Photogenic allows you to resize your pictures and videos.
- Blogging, photography portfolio and Instagram feed all in one hub.
The Look Book was initially galvanized by amateur stylists on social media, with this WordPress theme stemming off from the creative expression of online influencers. It is a compelling WordPress theme for photographers who want to connect visitors to their work. You can do more than just post images; you can also post galleries, videos, and articles on a masonry grid arrangement.
- Integration with e-commerce plug-ins. You can sell prints, photos, and pieces of your work due to the Look Book WordPress theme integrating with the Sell Media plugin.
- Photographic slide shows. You can drag-and-drop your finished work on to some slideshows that can then be placed within posts and as a standalone aspect of your website.
Photography will make your images compatible with every major web browser. Incredulous coding can negatively affect how photographs are portrayed on different browsers. Photography will ensure that your images are consistent with the smaller screens on smartphones and larger screens on PCs. You can also add a direct purchase link to your website for commerce.
- Keynote interface when editing parts of the theme.
- Instead of an icon to represent each post, a small screenshot of the content is used to show each piece visually.
- Live builder. You can drag-and-drop different components of your WordPress theme.
- Compatible with major plugins, with Revolution Slider and iLightBox included with the theme.
Many artists have a collection, where their greatest works are stored and archived. Portfolio is a minimalist theme that instead of focusing on page building, photographs, and artistic work is front and center. You can also edit the fonts and typography to complement your work.
- Filter your portfolios. You can organize your work and help your online readers locate specific types of work and categories.
- Customize the number of available columns. Regardless of how many columns are enabled on your pages, your readers will enjoy a parallax effect for a sleek, modern look to your web page.
- Customized widgets. You can install custom widgets with specific tasks, indeed making your website as unique as you and your work.
The best WordPress themes for art galleries allows artists and photographers the ability to not only showcase their jobs but also build a business off of it. Local business owners can seamlessly integrate brick and mortar operations with their online pages, connect your creative work to an international consumer base eager to invest in you and your talent.